Increase your understanding of the recruitment process – from creating a job description and choosing a selection method to appreciating the value of feedback and the impact of employment law.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Describe the reasons for effective recruitment and selection
- Explain the process of job analysis
- Describe the benefits of a systematic recruitment and selection strategy
- Create a job description
- Design a person specification for a role
- Highlight the impact of legislation on recruitment and selection
- Identify ways in which organisations can discriminate in the recruitment process
- Describe a range of selection methods, their advantages and disadvantages
- Consider issues that will impact on future recruitment and selection
- Appreciate the value of feedback in the recruitment and selection process
- Choose from a range of options for attracting applicants to a vacancy
This course covers:
- Welcome and learning objectives
- Introduction to recruitment and selection
- Planning and preparation
- Attracting the right candidates
- Effective selection and methods
- Selecting a candidate and making the offer
- Giving feedback to unsuccessful candidates
Approximately 1–2 hours but this online learning is self-paced so you can proceed at a speed that works for you.
This course is for managers with responsibility for recruitment and selection.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
When you have successfully completed your course online, you will be able to download your certificate.