Managing people can be challenging but, if you get it right, it can boost your business through improved customer service, reduced rates of accidents and a lower turnover of staff. This module shows you how to manage your employees’ learning and development to keep your company thriving.
After completing this course you should be able to:
- Explain the importance of learning and development in your management role
- Describe how learning is a motivator for employees
- Explain the different ways people learn
- Use the Development Planning Process in your role as a line manager
- Create Personal Development Plans
- Use your knowledge of goal setting to establish effective goals
- Describe the value of feedback in learning and development
- Select from a range of development options to help yourself and your employees grow and develop
- Evaluate the costs and benefits of Training, Learning and Development
This course covers:
- Welcome and learning objectives
- Introduction to learning and development
- How people learn
- Development planning process
- Development options
- Evaluation training
Approximately 1–2 hours but this online learning is self-paced so you can proceed at a speed that works for you.
This course is for anyone who manages people.
There are no specific entry requirements for this course.
The content of this Virtual College course has been independently certified as conforming to universally accepted Continuous Professional Development (CPD) guidelines.
When you have successfully completed your course online, you will be able to download your certificate.